Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

How do I configure Outlook 2000 to check my POP3 email?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: How do I configure Outlook 2000 to check my POP3 email? Reply with quote

Select Tools
If you have the option to select Accounts then skip to Email setup with accounts option below
If you have the option to select Services then continue below

Email setup with services option
  1. Select Add button to display the add service profile box.
    If you are prompted to Set up a new email account then skip to First time email setup below

2. Choose the Internet email option

3. Press OK to add services

4. Once the service has been added, close the dialogue box

5. Exit outlook. Note: You may have to reboot windows.

6. Select tools

7. Then select services

8. Select the service that you just created

9. Click on the properties button to display the general tab of the properties dialog

10. Fill out the Name and E-mail Address fields with your personal information. Name should be the name you want people to see when they receive an email from you.

11. Click the apply button

12. Click on the servers tab

13. Fill out the Server Information and Incoming Mail Server fields with data from your welcome email. Your User Name and Password are the same you use to log into webmail. Make sure the Remember Password checkbox is checked.

14. Check the box called my server requires authentication.

15. Click OK

16. Click on apply.

17. Click on connections tab.

18. Put a check mark into I will establish my Internet connection manually

19. Click on apply

20. Click on OK

21. Shut down outlook

22. Then restart it

23. Finally click 'Send/Recv' to test your new Email account, and receive any mail

First time email setup

1. Select Internet only

2. Enter your name as you would like displayed when people receive an email from you in the Display Name field

3. Click Next

4. Enter your email address in the e-mail address field

5. Click Next

6. Select POP3

7. Fill out the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server fields with data from your welcome email.

8. Click Next

9. Enter your user name into Account Name field and your password into the Password field from your welcome email. Your Account Name and Password are the same you use to log into webmail. Make sure the Remember Password checkbox is checked.

10. Click Next

11. Click on I will establish a connection to the internet manually

12. Click Next

13. Click Finish

14. Select Tools
    If you have the option to select "services" then skip to Email setup with services option above
    If you have the option to select "accounts" then skip to Email setup with accounts option above

Email setup with accounts option

If you are prompted to Set up a new email account then skip to First time email setup above

1. Go to tools

2. Select Accounts

3. Select Mail

4. Select the service you just created

5. Click Properties

6. Click on Servers

7. Fill out the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server fields with data from your welcome email.

8. Enter your user name into Account Name field and your password into the Password field from your welcome email. Your Account Name and Password are the same you use to log into webmail. Make sure the Remember Password checkbox is checked.

9. Put a check in My server requires authentication.

10. Click OK, Apply or Close as required on all open boxes

11. Finally click "Send/Recv" to test your new Email account, and to receive any mail. You may have to close outlook and go back into it to get it to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PrecisSite Forums Forum Index -> Email All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: